- Insurance Services
- Personal Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Business Owners Package Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Commercial Trucking Insurance
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- Contractor’s General Liability Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Hotel & Motel Hospitality Insurance
- Manufacturers Insurance
- Professional Liability (E&O) Insurance
- Surety Bonds
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- - View All Business
- Life & Health Insurance
- Individual Life Insurance
- Affordable Care Act
- Individual & Family Health Insurance
- Individual Disability Insurance
- Individual Dental Insurance
- Individual Vision Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Disability Insurance
- Group Health Insurance
- Group Dental Insurance
- Group Long-Term Care (LTC) Insurance
- Group Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Final Expense Insurance
- - View All Life and Health
- Agribusiness / Farm Insurance
- Household Industries Self-Insured Group (HISIG) Workers Comp
- Get Individual Health Quote
- Individual & Family Health Quotes
- Get Travel Medical Quote(opens in new tab)
- Policy Service
As a private carrier, you are responsible for hauling goods in your own truck for your company or employer. Whether you’re working in construction, excavation, manufacturing, or any other private carrier capacity, we have truck insurance solutions for you.
Primary Liability - Every trucker/trucking company who operates under their own authority is required to carry primary liability coverage on all owned units and either provide this insurance for their leased vehicles or insure that the leased operator carries it on their own. Generally, the motor carrier provides this coverage for the leased operators but there are rare instances when this is not the case.
Cargo Insurance - Provides coverage for loss or damage to the property a truck is transporting (the load). Generally, though not always, it's provided by the motor carrier for leased operators.
Physical Damage (Collision, Specified Perils) - Provides coverage for repair or replacement for damage resulting from a covered loss (collision, fire, theft, hail, windstorm, earthquake, flood, mischief, or vandalism) to owned vehicles.
Occupational Accident - Product designed specifically for owner operators in the trucking industry. In most states, by being self-employed owner operators can opt out of state mandated workers compensation coverage. While not the same as workers compensation, occ/acc is similar in scope and intent. Most motor carriers require their leased operators to be covered either by workers compensation or occ/acc at the leased operators expense. For those who qualify, occ/acc is generally a lower cost alternative.
Western Valley Insurance offers free, comparative quotes on Commercial Trucking Insurance from multiple insurance carriers so you can get the best possible rate.
Want to see how much we can save you? Just request a quote to find out.